MODULE TITLE : CHAPLAINCY
MODULE CODE : CH601
- MODULE SUMMARY
- CONTACT HOURS
- MODULE CURRICULUM LED OUTCOMES
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
MODULE SUMMARY :
This module will enable students to enhance their skills and knowledge on the concept of Chaplaincy, locating these within their own values, faith and work context. Students will explore their own faith tradition alongside others and consider the skills needed in the area of pastoral care with young people.
CONTACT HOURS :
MODULE CURRICULUM LED OUTCOMES :
This module aims to:
- Ensure the students are able to base their practice as Chaplains on a secure grasp of their faith tradition, holy texts, teachings and rituals and be able to critically analyse these
- Acquire a knowledge, conceptual understanding and practice of key skills that support the mission, ethos and values of pastoral care with young people (e.g. Faith based)
- Develop an understanding and analysis of what contributes towards spiritual and human development from a faith perspective.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES :
Students will, by the end of the module, have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate an informed understanding of key aspects of values, beliefs, teachings and rituals within their own faith
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out the role of a Chaplain in a professional and sensitive manner
- Demonstrate an awareness of a range of opinion on sensitive ethical and practical issues.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT :
Component 1 - % Gateway Assessment (Pass/Fail Element) - 80% Attendance Requirement
Component 2 - 100% Individual Seminar (30 minutes ) and Seminar Paper (2000 words)