Who is the Postgraduate Certificate aimed at?
This postgraduate certificate has been designed for those in middle/ senior leadership positions in Catholic schools and also for aspiring Catholic school leaders, including school governors and other professionals, in order to develop their knowledge and understanding of leadership within Catholic settings and to respond to specific issues facing Church school leaders today. The Postgraduate Certificate comprises of two modules: Educational Leadership in Catholic Schools and Change Management in Catholic Schools.
- An opportunity to continue your professional development
- Gain a qualification in Catholic School Leadership at masters level
- Supports succession planning, recruitment and retention within Catholic School
- An opportunity to meet others interested in leadership from across other Catholic schools
- Access to University facilities (eg library, IT systems, Student Support Services)
- May gain credits towards the CCRS for those who have not completed this award
- Builds on the CCRS for those who have completed this award, but no requirement to have completed the CCRS to undertake the Postgraduate Certificate in Catholic School Leadership
- Sessions will be delivered by academics who are recognised nationally and internationally within the field of Leadership and Management, Catholic school leaders and members of staff from the Diocesan Education Service.
Credit rating: 60 credits at masters level
Newman University would like to draw your attention to our Academic Regulations. These regulations are your Terms of Reference and should be considered when making a decision to study with our institution.
A relevant Honours degree.
Home/EU Students: £1,600*
Partner schools, colleges, institutions, Birmingham Catholic Primary Partnership members, Titan Partnership members are currently eligible for a 10% discount.
Alumni are also entitled to a 10% discount.
* From 2019/20 tuition fees may rise in line with inflation.
Applications are made via Newman.