Newman University is committed to excellence in all aspects of its undertaking, including its management of Health & Safety at work.
Its general policy is to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the Health & Safety and welfare at work of its employees (whether permanent, temporary or contract) and the Health & Safety of any other persons who may be affected by its undertaking.
More specifically, it will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that:
- machinery and work equipment are suitable for their intended purpose and are maintained in safe working order;
- safe storage is provided for all hazardous substances, they are used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and they are safely disposed of;
- the workplace and working environment are maintained in a safe condition with adequate heating, lighting and ventilation, and that suitable welfare facilities and first-aid arrangements are provided and maintained;
- suitable personal protective equipment is provided to eliminate or reduce risks of injury or ill-health where hazards and risks cannot be controlled by other means;
- all employees are adequately instructed, trained and supervised on the safe working practices to be followed.
The University will comply, as a minimum, with the requirements of relevant Health & Safety legislation and approved codes of practice and, as appropriate, strive to implement relevant guidance published by the Health and Safety Executive, HSE.
Please download the full Health & Safety Policy Statement below:
Health and Safety Policy