PLEYIn is a two year European Leonardo Lifelong Learning Partnership Project running from November 2009 to July 2011, taking place across the three partner countries: Poland, Romania and the UK. The partnership is between the Academy of Humanities and Economics in Sieradz, Poland, the Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Romania, and the Early Years Subject Area at Newman University, Birmingham. For Polish and Romanian versions of these pages please click on the respective logos/links below (the AHE link is currently being updated).
The seminars will involve presentations from each partner country to set a context, followed by group discussions based on a child case study.
The aims of the project are:
- to create networks of Early Years practitioners across partner countries sharing vocational experiences and education opportunities
- to identify and develop practice focused strategies that are play based and designed to include all children and families within the communities where practitioners work , and from that,
- to establish common concepts of inclusive learning through play
- to share and develop skills and expertise through training seminars
- to promote the use of sustainable resources available in the communities where practitioners are located, whether in rural or urban areas
- to undertake research and dissemination activities nationally and internationally in order to share and evaluate the partnership project.
Key dates for the project are:
March 2010: series of seminars at Newman University for Early Years practitioners / trainee practitioners, delivered by tutors from the three partner institutions, to promote Play and Learning in the Early Years for Inclusion.
November 2010: series of seminars in Sibiu, Romania, for early years practitioners / trainee practitioners, delivered by tutors from the three partner institutions, to promote Play and learning in the Early Years for Inclusion.
December 2010: project team to meet in Poland to plan seminar series for March 2011.
March 2011: series of seminars in Sierdz, Poland, for Early years practitioners / trainee practitioners, delivered by tutors from the three partner institutions, to promote Play and Learning in the Early Years for Inclusion
July 2011: symposium presentation planning for dissemination. A series of events is also taking place in Poland and Romania during the project.