The current Research Strategy sets out our plans and activities for the years 2015-2020. Newman University aspires to be recognised regionally, nationally and internationally for the quality of its research and scholarship. Our vision for research is underpinned by the University’s core values as outlined in its Strategic Plan 2014-2020 and set out in its Mission Statement. Building upon the positive outcome of the REF in 2014, the Research Strategy will focus investment on areas likely to be successful in the next REF, whilst enabling early-career researchers to develop their capacity.
The Aims of the Research, Scholarship and Enterprise Strategy 2015-2020
Newman University has identified the following clear aims, consistent with its mission, which will support and lead to the achievement of Research Vision:
- Inform and underpin learning and teaching consequently helping to produce skilled, intellectually adept and employable Newman graduates;
- Identify and prioritise for investment in high quality research strengths and potential;
- Develop research capacity and increase the number of staff engaged in research and knowledge transfer;
- Increase the revenue earned from research as the basis for sustainability of the Research Strategy;
- Promote a confident research culture which stimulates collaboration within the University and partnerships locally, nationally and internationally;
- Provide mechanisms of support for individuals and research groups that will facilitate a productive, creative and innovative research environment.
Research Strategic Plan 2015 - 2020