Research undertaken within this research centre is focused on understanding and promoting health and well-being across different population groups in society. Specific interests include physical activity, performance arts, lifestyle risk factors and mental health. Researchers in this group have backgrounds in sport science, education, health psychology, nursing, public health and social care.
- Lifestyle risk factors, obesity and mental health in University student populations
- Young people’s physical activity and sedentary behaviour
- Physical education pedagogy and school based physical activity
- Dance and the promotion of health in post-menopausal women
- Health promotion through drama for children and young people
- The lived experience of those with a mental health issue
- Recovery in mental health
- Novel methodologies to engage with seldom heard communities in health research.