This research centre investigates means of Developing Effective Practice in a range of sport, exercise and health settings. By understanding and progressing the practice of both individuals (e.g., coaches, PE teachers) and groups (e.g., health fitness advisors, support workers) we aim to support the health and development of end users.
Key research areas include:
- Physical activity promotion in schools
- Developing creativity in teachers and coaches
- Motivational climates created by teachers and coaches
- Development and transference of mental skills
- Judging of elite combat sports
- Effective monitoring of training loads