UK Government PhD Loans
These are expected to be available from 2018. Full details are expected to be announced shortly.
The key details are:
- Loans up to £25,000
- available across all subjects
- intended to contribute to the costs of your PhD (rather than cover full fees and living costs).
To be eligible you must be
- a UK national, ordinarily resident in England,
- accepted for PhD study at a UK university, and
- not receiving a Research Council living allowance.
No restrictions concerning the age of the applicant have been announced. It is understood that part-time students will be eligible to apply.
Repayment terms are currently under further consultation, but the postgraduate loan repayments are intended to be combined with the Master’s degree loan (if taken). Students will therefore make one repayment on the maximum combined loan of £35,000. The loans will be subject to interest, but rates have not been confirmed.
This page will be updated as more details are announced, but FindaPhD.com has a brief guide on UK PhD Loans.
There are currently no Newman Studentships available.