Are you interested In joining our FREE skills development programme to help further develop your skills and knowledge? By signing up to this amazing project you will be able to enhance your cv and personal/ professional development!
The Early Years Career Progression Pathways (EYCPP), part-funded by the European Social Fund, enables you to access free workshops, webinars and practical experience which is fully flexible to fit around your busy schedule and are delivered both in person and online to suit your preference. From basic skills to understanding leadership and management you can develop your skill set further and stand out more to employers. You can receive help with CV writing and interview preparation, and you will be given the opportunity to understand the secrets to success within the sector.
Whether you have a passion for the early years sector or are just looking to upskill and develop your knowledge, there is something for everyone and the skills developed can be transferred into all sectors. Bringing together expertise from Newman University, Birmingham City University (BCU), West Smethwick Enterprise (WSE), and Barnardo’s, the partnership will deliver an innovative programme of free tailored skills workshops and webinars.
How do you sign up?
You can sign up by accessing the form here. You must enter ‘Newman University’ in answer to Where did you hear about EYCPP? in order to access the support through us.
Once you have completed the form, you will be matched with a dedicated Skills Adviser who will work closely with you to identify and address your skills requirements. As part of your personalised development planning, you will also be advised on the learning opportunities available through the partnership, to find the best courses suited for your career aspirations. For information about how your personal data is used by Newman University please read Privacy Notice for Early Years Career Progression Pathways (ECYPP).
And the support doesn’t stop once you have finished. Your Skills Advisor will continue to support you if you need and you will be able to continue to access further workshops and webinars under the programme.
- Fully funded training provision if you are interested in working with young children and families (hours are not set and can be negotiated with provider)
- Programme to help boost your employability and support you with your career.
- Access a range of workshops, webinars, practical sessions, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
EYCPP will help you to:
- Identify the skills you need to develop your career
- Take part in workshops and webinars
- Take part in practical experience working in the sector with children and families
- Access opportunities to undertake work placements and volunteering opportunities within settings
- Network with academics and professional staff within the sector
- Receive a certificate of completion endorsed by Newman and Birmingham City University (BCU)
There are no minimum or maximum requirements and you can take full control of what you would like access through the programme and there will be no assessment, so you can relax and enjoy the programme so that you are equipped with the skills you need to progress further.
You must be over 18 and have Right to Work in the UK