This autumn Newman University is excited to host a series of Learning Days for Years 12 and 13 students (aged 16-18) from across the region. We will be hosting Learning Days for the following subject areas:
- Routes into Teacher Training (Introduction to Newman’s Education courses) – Wednesday 20th November
- Drama – Friday 22nd November
- Maths – Friday 22nd November
- Sport – Monday 25th November
- English – Tuesday 26th November
- History – Tuesday 26th November
- Business / Accounting & Finance – Wednesday 27th November
- Health and Social Care - Wednesday 27th November
- Computer Science – Friday 29th November
- Criminology – Friday 29th November
- Psychology – Monday 2nd December
- Sport - Monday 2nd December
- Theology and Philosophy – Thursday 3rd December
- Working with Children, Young People and Families – Tuesday 3rd December
- Early Childhood, Education and Care – Wednesday 4th December
- Counselling – Thursday 5th December
- Law – Friday 6th December
Information on the sessions for each of our Learning Days can be found in our Learning Days Guide.
These free half-day Learning Days are open to students who are interested in studying one of the subjects that Newman University offers. These events will be useful for students studying A-level or BTEC Level 3, to open up our wide-range of subjects as realistic options for their undergraduate studies and future careers.
We welcome group bookings from schools and colleges, but also are keen for students to attend independently, subject to the appropriate authorization from their school or college.
Each day will begin at 9:40, and end at 13:00, with an optional 45-minute campus tour bringing the day to a close at 13:45. In the process of each morning students will experience taster sessions on rotation and hear experienced lecturers and researchers share insights. They will have the opportunity to meet current undergraduates and talk to them about university life, and will also be able to meet other 6th form and college students from across the region.
Our events are free and part of our work with the West Midlands educational community. They are intended to give Years 12 and 13 students an opportunity to taste undergraduate life while supporting their current studies.
To book places on any of our Learning Days across the fortnight please contact Emily Walton via email@example.com or telephone 0121 483 2218, who will send you an official booking form. Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a form. All bookings must be finalised by Wednesday 14th November.