Student support at Newman is designed to enable all students reach their potential – their help can make the difference between gaining a first class degree or a 2.1.
The Academic Support Advisers (ASA) are available to support students following single and joint honours degree programmes.
Please note that students on Initial Teacher Education courses are assigned to an Academic Professional Tutor Group, and should contact their Academic Professional Tutor for advice and support.
The ASA are here to:
- help you to resolve any academic or pastoral concerns
- provide support if you have any personal circumstances affecting your studies
- ensure you can make the most out of your time at Newman
This includes helping you to:
- Identify the support and resources available to you
- Understand and navigate the university’s rules, processes and decisions
- Apply for additional time to complete your work and inform the university of reasons for missing a deadline or assessment
- Plan your study, review your progress and identify strategies to improve
- Look at your options and explain any implications where you are considering changing, suspending or withdrawing from your studies
- Find the answers to any queries you have
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0121 476 1181, ext 2538 (please leave a message if there is no answer and they will get back to you).
Drop-in to DW201 between 10:00 – 12:00.
Contact the team to book an afternoon appointment.
In addition to the above, the Learning Support Tutor offers regular workshops throughout the semester in areas of communication and key skills and these are open to all students across the University.
For more information, see the Study Advice page.