Student support at Newman is designed to enable all students to reach their potential.
The Academic Support Advisers (ASA) are available to support students following single and joint honours degree programmes.
Please note that students on Initial Teacher Education courses are assigned to an Academic Professional Tutor Group, and should contact their Academic Professional Tutor for advice and support.
The ASA are here to:
- help you to resolve any academic or pastoral concerns
- provide support if you have any personal circumstances affecting your studies
- ensure you can make the most out of your time at Newman
This includes helping you to:
- Identify the support and resources available to you
- Understand and navigate the university’s rules, processes and decisions
- Apply for additional time to complete your work and inform the university of reasons for missing a deadline or assessment
- Plan your study, review your progress and identify strategies to improve
- Look at your options and explain any implications where you are considering changing, suspending or withdrawing from your studies
- Advise on how to complain about or appeal against a decision
- Find the answers to any queries you have
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Writing and Study Advice
In addition to the above, the Learning Development Tutors offer regular workshops and appointments throughout the semester in areas of academic writing and study skills and these are open to all students across the University.
For more information, see the Study Advice page.