Applying for a DBS
- Payment is made through Newman University’s online store: http://estore.newman.ac.uk.
- An application for a DBS check is done through the following website: https://newman.onlinedisclosures.co.uk and costs £55. Please make sure payment has been made before bringing your ID to be verified.
- Once on this screen you will need to create your own log in. To do this click Register on the right hand side of the screen
- You will then need to enter your full name and email address, along with an organisation pin before clicking Next step.
- You have 2 options when entering the organisation pin, which one you enter will depend on how you want to verify your identity:
- If you wish to verify your identity by bringing 3 forms of ID to Newman University please enter the pin 149605.
- If you can’t bring your ID into Newman University you can take it to a local Post Office. If you wish to take your ID to a Post Office please call the Registry Support Team on the numbers listed below who will give you a pin. You will need to pay £55 through the Estore before requesting your pin. Please check that your local Post Office has the facilities to check ID for your DBS and be aware that the Post Office will charge you for using the service.
- Once you have clicked Next step you will be taken to step 2 of online registration. Here you will be asked to enter a secret word and create your own password. The secret word is Newman. Once step 2 has been completed click complete registration.
- Once you have completed registration you will be able to complete the DBS online application form.
- A full step-by-step applicant guide can be found to the right of the sign in page: https://newman.onlinedisclosures.co.uk.
- When completing your DBS application you will be asked what documents you wish to use to verify your identity. When sufficient ID has been selected a green bar will appear at the top of the application.
- ID must be original, copies can’t be accepted.
- Please be aware that the University can’t accept printed bank statements or letters. Bank statements and letters must have been posted to your current address and in most cases be dated within the last 3 months.
- Please bring the identity documents to Registry at Newman University. This will enable us to check and return the documents to you immediately.
- If it is not possible for you to visit Registry, please send the documents by Special Delivery clearly marked FAO: Registry Support Team and enclose a Special Delivery envelope to enable us to return your documents safely to you. The University does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage incurred to the documents sent through the post.
Receiving your certificate
- Once you have submitted your application and your identity has been verified, the application will then be forwarded to the DBS.
- Within the next few weeks a DBS certificate will be sent through the post to your current address. Newman University will also be provided with confirmation that the check has been completed.
- Newman University will not need to see your DBS certificate unless there are offences recorded on the DBS.
If you have any queries, please contact Registry Support on 0121 476 1181 extensions 2624, 2647 or 2311, or email: email@example.com