They are a first response service for students who may be:
- Having a panic attack
- Very upset and tearful
- Feeling very anxious and worries
- Exhibiting worrying behaviours you are concerned about
Who can contact the Mental Health First Aiders?
- Any student or staff member who is worried about a student. A student can also refer themselves
Who are they?
- Mental Health First Aiders are staff who have been trained to deliver Mental Health First Aid
How do I contact them?
- Call extension 6350 and wait until someone answers. Ask for a Mental Health First Aider
- Or, go to Security, Reception, Student Support or the Students’ Union who have a contact list
What Happens when I see a MHFA?
- They will talk to you about how you are feeling, listen and help to calm you down
They will suggest next steps such as a referral to Student Support or a GP appointment