Other Financial Assistance

Other Financial Assistance

Back to “DSA and other financial assistance”

Last Updated: December 4th 2020

Piggy Bank

Housing Benefit

Students with disabilities or long term medical conditions may also be able to claim Housing Benefit and Income Support whilst in Higher Education. The level of benefits may depend on your household income.

The rules around claiming benefits if you are a student can be complicated. Further information is available from the GOV.UK website.

Disability Living Allowance

Full time students can continue to receive Disability Living Allowance for mobility, care or both.

Full time students may also be able to continue receiving Incapacity Benefit as long as they meet eligibility requirements.

Other sources of funding

You may be able to apply for additional funding through charities or disability organisations. AbilityNet can provide a fact sheet on funding for adapted computer systems.

Student FAQs from disabilityrightsuk.org

Article Attachments

Was this article helpful?