This course will refresh mathematical learning across the secondary school. The emphasis will be getting students to reinforce mathematical skills and process and also develop a deeper conceptual understanding of school mathematics topics, so they have subject knowledge expertise.
Why should I take the course?
- Provides you with the opportunity to acquire Mathematics knowledge to teach to at least Key Stage 3, 4 and post-16
- Enables you to start your postgraduate teacher training course as it is a requirement set by the training provider
- Improves your chances of employment
Who can apply?
Holders of a conditional offer for a secondary Mathematics teacher training course starting September 2021, from a recognised teacher training provider and who are:
- UK, European and non-European graduates with a single honours or a combined honours with relevant mathematical content
- Have a subject specific A level, or equivalent, study in Mathematics
When does the course run?
- 12-week course in Mathematics start week beginning early May 2021
- 8-week course in Mathematics start week beginning early June 2021
How much will the course cost?
There are currently no course fees to pay to the university for those who have been accepted on to a teacher training course.
You may be eligible to receive a bursary. The amount of the bursary is currently £175 per week prior to starting your ITT course. Bursaries are only available for students starting a SKE course providing they meet the following criteria:
- Applicant has accepted a place on an ITT programme starting September 2021 in a qualifying subject i.e. English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Computing.
- Applicants have a minimum degree classification of 2:2.
N.B. A SKE bursary can only be claimed for one SKE course within the academic year.
How to apply
When the dates have been published and the links below are live, you will be able to follow the appropriate link below to complete the application form. If you are unsure which link to follow please contact the Course Leader.
Upkar Singh, Course Leader
T: 0121 476 1181 ext. 2270