What can I do with an Early Childhood Education and Care degree?

08/04/2019 by Sinead Staunton

primary school children

Are you in year 12 or 13 and thinking about studying at Newman but unsure of what course you want to study? We know that choosing the right degree can seem daunting, but don’t worry – we’ve all been there! What you need to do is think about where you see yourself working in the future and research into the type of degree(s) that can get you there.

Today, we’re discussing the types of jobs you can get from studying an Early Childhood Education and Care degree.

Here are some of the many jobs you can go into:

  • Early Years Practitioner, Room Leader or Management role in Pre School settings
  • Teaching Assistant
  • Working for Children’s Charities such as NSPCC or Barnardos
  • Family Support Worker
  • Childminder
  • Play Facilitator
  • Learning Support Mentor
  • Teacher in the Foundation Stage, Primary Education or Special Educational Needs (additional training would be required)

What did Early Childhood Education and Care graduates go on to do six months after graduation?

According to Prospects, over 50% of graduates in employment in the UK went on to work within Childcare, Health and Education work or as an Education Professional six months after graduation.

To see a full description of the Early Childhood Education and Care degrees we offer as well as entry requirements here at Newman University, visit our course search page.

If you’re still unsure about what you want to study, then come to one of our Open Days – where you can ask academics and current students as many questions as you like!

New and current students

New and current students – if you sign up to ‘My Career’ you will have access to a personalised careers service here at Newman. The Careers team also provide this service for you up to 3 years after graduation.