The situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to change.
It’s important to check and follow the current advice around reporting symptoms, travel and maintaining good hygiene. If you are told by NHS 111 to self-isolate, please follow all medical guidance.
Starting your Studies this SeptemberLearn more
UK Coronavirus Action Plan:
In March 2020, the Government published a guide to what you can expect across the UK – which includes the following advice:
- follow public health authorities’ advice, including regularly washing your hands
- reduce the spread of misinformation by relying on trusted sources, including the NHS, Public Health England and the UK Government website
- for travel advice follow the latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice
- use NHS 111 (including online, where possible), pharmacies and GPs responsibly
- check for new advice as the situation changes
Government information including advice for returning travellers, details of symptoms and explanation of how the virus is transmitted
How to wash your hands – NHS guidance on when and how to wash your hands, and what to do if you can’t access hand-washing facilities
NHS self-isolation advice – guidance on when and how you should self-isolate, including links to mental health and well-being information
For official advice and health concerns:
- Call or visit online NHS 111
Current Students and Staff
If you are a current student or member of staff at Newman University please check your emails for daily updates as well as the FAQs page on the Intranet.