EU students studying in the UK

EU students studying in the UK

Back to “How to Apply”

Last Updated: May 27th 2021

Newman University welcomes applications from EU students and the University has a Student Support team who can offer advice and guidance  to students. See further information on funding.

EU students wishing to study at Newman University apply in the same way as UK students and will be considered in the same way.

Advice to EU students

(This advice does not apply to Irish citizens)

The UK Council for International Student Affairs has published a document that explains who is entitled to pay ‘home’ fees.

EU students who are currently studying at Newman and started their course before 1st August 2021 and where the course will continue after the end of July, will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme prior to the deadline of 30th June 2021. After the deadline, if you have not applied for the EU Settlement Scheme, we cannot guarantee that you will continue to pay home fees.

You may also wish to look at the British Council website.

Tuition fees and student loans

If you are not an Irish citizen or have a ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme, from the 1st August 2021 you may not be eligible to pay ‘home’ fees for courses that started or start on or after the 1st August 2021.

If you will be starting your studies in 2021-22, as an EU student you’ll pay fees at the same rate as UK students during your course, if you have ‘settled’ status or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.  You can check your eligibility on the Student Loans Company website.

Immigration requirements

If you’re an offer holder from the EEA or Switzerland, coming to Newman University for an exchange semester, you can check if you will require a visa from your home country in order to study in the UK. You can check your visa eligibility on the website.

If you have any questions please contact our Go Abroad Office.

Was this article helpful?