What can I do with a Health and Social Care degree?

22/04/2019 by Charlotte Knowles

Are you in year 12 or 13 and thinking about studying at Newman but unsure of what course you want to study? We know that choosing the right degree can seem daunting, but don’t worry – we’ve all been there! What you need to do is think about where you see yourself working in the future and research into the type of degree(s) that can get you there.

Today, we’re discussing the types of jobs you can get from studying a Health and Social Care degree.

Here are some of the many jobs you can go into:

  • Adult Nurse
  • Care Worker
  • Community Development Worker
  • Counsellor
  • Health Promotion Specialist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Social Worker
  • Youth Worker

What did Health and Social Care graduates go on to do six months after graduation?

According to Prospects, over a quarter of graduates in employment in the UK went on to work within Childcare, Health and Education work or as Health Professionals six months after graduation.

To see a full description of the Health and Social Care and Nursing degrees we offer as well as entry requirements here at Birmingham Newman University, visit our course search page.

If you’re still unsure about what you want to study, then come to one of our Open Days – where you can ask academics and current students as many questions as you like!

New and current students

New and current students – if you sign up to ‘My Career’ you will have access to a personalised careers service here at Newman. The Careers team also provide this service for you up to 3 years after graduation.