You will receive an HLSM Account Manager who can help you:
- Confirm your business goals and identify your skills requirements
- Create a personalised skills development plan for your business
- Identify workshops and training opportunities to upskill your workforce
- Develop JDs and job ads and manage your recruitment process
- Review and screen applicants and confirm a shortlist
- Invite selected candidates to interview
- Identify opportunities for you to receive additional business support
- Support of high-level consultancy opportunities
- Identify students for placement opportunities within your organisation
- Will help to your business growth strategy
- Connect to a range of business grant and funding opportunities
- Benefit from one-on-one business consultancy through Newman University Birmingham
- Access to tailored training oppourunitites
- Recruit and upskill your workforce
- Your HLSM Account Manager will identify and match the talent requirements of your business to the training opportunities and highly skilled graduates of Newman University and partner universities.
Newman University, Birmingham City University and Aston University were awarded the AGCAS Building Effective Partnerships Award 2020 for the collaborative Higher Level Skills Match (HLSM) project. The success was announced at the AGCAS Awards for Excellence showcase webinar on 14 July 2020.
The AGCAS Awards for Excellence encourage, reward and share good practice amongst Higher Education (HE) careers and employability practitioners and their partner organisations by promoting quality, innovative and collaborative projects and high professional standards across the full range of HE careers and employability work.
Following on from the success, the Interim Chair of the Employment and Skills Board within Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership, Professor Helen E Higson OBE DL, praised the work of the teams, commenting:
“I would like to offer the Board’s sincere congratulations to you all on the superb news that members of the Board received about the Higher Level Skills Match project winning the ‘AGCAS Award for Building Effective Partnerships’ in July 2020. This is a fantastic accolade and fully reflective of the brilliant partnership working that the project have achieved over the last few years and all staff and stakeholders involved in the project have demonstrated.
“We understand that the HLSM project also recently had confirmation of ESF extension funding to continue the project and the fantastic partnership activity with employers and students. This will in turn continue to benefit Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership’s employers in the LEP’s key growth sectors – something we are striving to do. We very much look forward to hearing about the progress that is made and the additional support and impact that is provided to local employers!”