This section includes information relating to the legal and corporate status of the institution. The University is an independent Roman Catholic Higher Education Institution. Its objects, powers and framework of governance are set out in a revised set of Instrument and Articles of Government, approved by the Privy Council in 2013.
The current corporate information is available electronically, at the links below or by navigating from the About Us link on the homepage. Information is free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
- Mission Statement
- The Instruments and Articles of government describe the corporate status of the University and the Acts which provides the powers under which we operate.
- The Trust Deeds
- The University is a registered charity. Registered Charity Number: 1110346
- The University is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Company Number: 05493384
How the Institution is Organised:
- Vice-Chancellor – Professor Scott Davidson: details of the current holder
- University Council – Terms of reference
- Minutes of the Council Meetings (charge for hard copies in accordance with Fees notice).
- Our Structure
- Senior Management Team – members of the senior management team
- University Operations Team – members of the management team
- Deans – list of current Deans and the School they manage
- Senate – responsible for the management of academic issues at the University
- Terms of Reference for various academic and non-academic committees can be found in the Committees section of this website.
Location and contact details:
- Contact details are available in the footer of University web pages.
- How to Find Us (Directions)
- Staff Email and Phone Directory
Organisations which the University has responsibility for, those it works in partnership with, those it sponsors and companies wholly owned by it:
- Newman University works collaboratively with a range of partners
- The University has one wholly owned subsidiary: Newman Firmtrust Limited
Need more information?
For information which is not currently available electronically, hard copies can be supplied by contacting:
Contact: Andrea Bolshaw
Position: University Secretary and Registrar
Tel: 0121 476 1181